Get in touch
Call 1300 798 279 (from Australia)
+61 8 9251 1688 (outside Australia)
OR send us your enquiry
Seismic Expansion Joints with Gimbals
The seismic gimbals expansion joints are designed to handle movements in all directions.
This type of expansion joint has a pair of gimbal joints on each end to absorb the movements which can occur due to earthquake and ground settlements.
In addition to thermal movements in pipe lines, there are mechanical movements due to earthquakes, ground settlements and landslides. These types of movement can cause significant damage to the piping systems in dilatation points of buildings, pipe junctions between vessels and boilers.
These mechanical movements can be absorbed by using seismic expansion joints.
Download Product Information
Below you can find more product-related Information.
Advantages of Seismic Expansion Joints with Gimbals
- Seismic expansion joints with gimbals are used to absorb lateral and angular movements of both thermal and seismic origin.
- With its gimbals, the expansion range can be set in adjusted range
- Lateral expansion level is directly related to bellow size and the length of the middle pipe
- Designed for pressure thrust acting as a safety device
- High movement capacity and resistance to high temperatures and chemicals
- Rotating flange, fixed flange or welding neck connection types are available
Applications of Seismic Expansion Joints with Gimbals
Hot & Cold Water
Fire fighting systems
Steam and condensate pipelines
Marine & Exhaust systems
32 – 250
304, 316, 321
Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
Please consult with our technical department for different working conditions and design parameters.